About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Monday 2 December 2013

A little bit of painting too

In addition to the magic game of Pulp Alley on Saturday, the club held it's first annual painting competition, too. I thought that I'd give this a whirl so splashed some paint on a Hasslefree zombie hunter. Alas, it didn't win the competition, but it did receive an honourable commendation, which was nice! So, here's Ashlee Campbell...she's pretty groovy...! :)


I have also pretty much completed a couple of Eden figures from the Bamaka Clan. These were a bit of an impulse buy when I set eyes on them on the web. Thankfully there is a player or two at the club (one of whom is very enthusiastic about the game) so I will get to play it once I'm done. The figures themselves are pretty big, but they are veeeeery nice!

First up is Folayan Soft Belly:


And then Ngobo Quick Arm:


Apologies about the slightly naff photos! I will get back to using a decent camera at some point, but at the moment, my phone is just too convenient.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice job on them all so far. love the Smillee on Ashlee's top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Simon says, nice job. Ashlee's chainsaw looks very clean, so I guess she's only just bought/found/looted it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! You caught me out. I was going to add some gore and blood spatter but ran out of time. I was literally finishing her on the morning of the games day! Whenever I get round to some zombie games I will add some claret! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...