About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Thursday 17 January 2013

Malifaux - Sebastian, Morgue Assistant

I got a little distracted from the Dystopian Legions when I was putting together the picture of all the figures to paint as part of my pledge. I turned up this Malifaux character that was started ages ago. I'd done his face and the base colour of his smock thing, but that was it. So I thought I'd just finish him as a good start to the pledge, which is basically about clearing out some of my backlog of figures.




A couple of weeks ago I got some feedback from the Wyrd forums that my bases were a bit plain and maybe let a good paint job down. Now, I'm inclined to agree that my bases are somewhat plain, but that's mostly because I simply don't enjoy it as much as I do painting the figure. And some bases that you see are totally over the top and cluttered which I think distracts from the model, rather than enhancing it. However, there's a happy middle ground where the base can add to the figure and I think I will try to put a bit more effort into them to achieve this. Hence the severed arm here. I tried to get the blood spatter on his apron to look like he's just been cutting it there and I'm quite happy with it. I've seen better effects, but this is not a bad attempt for a first go. Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...