About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Saturday 6 October 2012

USMC for Road to Baghdad

Here's my first squad of US Marines for the FoF Raod to Baghdad book. George has actually got enough British troops that we don't really need these, but they've been sitting around for ages and I just wanted them painted and out the way. Also, they're close enough to US Rangers for Mogadishu that they'll do. I'm not particularly fussy about having the exact figures. Close enough is fine by me. I have some more unpainted fire teams that I need to do, but once done they're done I'll have enough to start putting on some of the scenarios from Day of the Ranger. All figures are 20mm from Elheim.



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic job on the 3-Color Desert Camo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tim! I tried a few schemes before I settled on this one, which is Iraqi Sand with a Devlan Mud wash and then Iraqi Sand repainted on the highlights. The green is US Dark Green/Iraqi Sand at 1:1 and then little edges of German Camo Medium Brown.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...