About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Monday 10 October 2011

Malifaux or bust!

A couple of posts ago I talked about concentrating on a few rulesets so that I could get better at them and not be constantly changing from one week to the next. I realised the other day, though, that of all the rules that I shortlisted, Malifaux is the only one that I cannot actually play yet, as I don't have the figures painted. So, I have determined that I shall have 2 crews painted before Christmas! I've already posted pics of Santiago and Francisco Ortega, so no surprise that Perdita is the first Master I'll be tackling, but I also have the McMourning box. I took the opportunity of the Maelstrom sale to get a couple of extra minions that I like, too, so I should have enough for a smallish game once all done. I think I'll need to speed up a bit, however, so I'll probably not try to get as high a finish on the rest. Having said that...I'd had Papa Loco half finished on the paint bench for ages, so I just managed to basically finish him tonight. Nino is already half done, so I'll maybe try to finish the Ortegas to the same quality and just batter out the McMourning crew. That's the theory, anyway!! :)



I really need to get my camera battery charged! These were taken with my phone again, hence the lack of sharpness! Hopefully I'll get a group shot once all the Ortegas are done with a decent camera!

1 comment:

  1. He looks good enough to me, you are doing bloody well sir.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...