About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Friday 24 June 2011

Sarah the Seeress

Finished the latest Reaper figure, except for the basing. Unfortunately I won't be able to finish that for a wee while, so thought I'd just post a picture now, rather than later. Also, unfortunately, the battery died on my camera before I could get a decent shot, so I had to use the camera on my mobile phone, hence the slight loss of sharpness. You get the idea, though! I think that the gold looks a lot better than it did on the dwarf figure and I'm pretty happy with the progress I'm making on my non-metallic metal. Not entirely sure what my next figure will be but I'll probably try to keep practicing with that technique. Perhaps some more gladiators would be a good idea...!



You know, I'm not entirely sure how I managed to get this done so quickly, because what you haven't seen are the 15 or so 20mm German Fallschirmjager I've been doing also! Of course, the lovely Sarah was a lot more fun! :)

4 comments:

  1. It's bloody good painting, looking forward to the Fallschirmjager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm painting her too for my D&D character. You've done a great job! Hope you don't mind, but I'm using your picture for ideas. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that the pics have been if help! Always good to hear that! Would be good to see some pics of her when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is gorgeous! Painting aint bad either.... in fact its darn impressive by any standard!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...