About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Saturday 17 July 2010

Triarii and Velites done!

Painting has been going on at a reasonable pace and the DBA army is almost done except for finishing the bases. Somehow it feels that these figures took longer than either the Hastati or Prinicpes, but probably not by much. I did take a bit more care over the Triarii as befits their status, plus the colours are a little harder to paint for the colourblind amongst us. There was a bit of mixing with the reds, particularly on the shields, as I wanted them to be a bit darker than the tunics so I added a bit of Vallejo Brown Violet to Flat Red to acheive that. I hope you like the results!

On to the cavalry next...gulp!

2 comments:

  1. I've never been a big fan of Essex, but what you've done with these Romans will make me give them a second look for future projects. I completely underestimated their Rep. Romans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I actually got some Magister Militum at the same time and before I started painting I was of the same mind, but I've been very pleasantly surprised at how they've turned out. It remains to be seen how the MM figures paint up. I'll certainly buy Essesx again, though. Very tempted by their current 3 for 2 DBA offer...!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...