About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Monday 5 April 2010

The Raw Recruits


Well, preparations for playing some 28mm WWII skirmish games is coming along nicely. I have finished a section of British infantry plus a Bren gunner and assistant, although only 5 of their bases are finished. I really enjoyed painting these fellows and I think the result is quite pleasing. Strangely, they didn't take as long as I thought as the uniform is mostly the same colour.


Of course, the Tommies need some Jerry to oppose, so as I intend on gaming the Battle of Crete, a squad of Fallschirmjager or two is an absolute necessity. Here are the first 5 I have finished, though the bases need a bit of polish.


Again, these were a joy to paint. All figures are Crusader and I used Vallejo paints for the most part, with a little GW paint for the faces. My technique used to be entirely dry-brush based and I only recently started using a Dallimore-style 3 colour method and I think that looking at the Germans there is a little improvement already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...