About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Thursday 29 April 2010

Only about a decade behind...

...but I finally got a copy of DBA!! A few weeks ago I got a few packs of Magister Militum Romans and Seluecids to start putting together armies for, well...I wasn't sure what! I have Fields of Glory and I downloaded Basic Impetus, so I knew I was going to base them according to the 'WRG' standard, but painting time and cost was getting me down a bit. Until, that is, I came across an eBay posting for a Polybian Roman DBA army for about £7! Apparently they're Essex, so they should fit in with the MM figs. So I thought I might as well get DBA as it's dirt cheap and try to get something going sooner rather than later. I just need someone to decipher the rules now...!!!

Before I put paint to lead on the ancients, though I still have about 20 WWII to go!! I'm nearly done with my first go at some Splinter camo paras, but I'm not 100% happy with them. It turns out German camo patterns are hard to paint, plus being colour blind makes it doubly hard! Thank goodness for all the painting guides that your average internet search yields.

Plus I need to paint up some 1/300 planes for a big mulit-player game at the club, but they are super-fast to paint. Hopefully I'll have some photos soon. I'm playing some FoW with my bro and friend tomorrow and I want to get some shots of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...